3.2.1 Quality System Procedures
The Company Quality system is documented in three tiers and considers each of the
requirements specified by ISO 9001-1994.
The three tiers are comprised of the following:
The Quality Manual describes the policy practiced by WA Pecktel Engineering to satisfy
the requirements of ISO 9001 – 1994 and allocates the responsibilities within the Company.
It is supported by Operating Procedures and Work Instruction / Quality plans where
The functions of Quality Manual are:
1. To define Management Policy with respect to Quality Assurance.
2. To ensure uniformity of understanding or performance
3. A training document to ensure continuity of the system when personnel change.
4. To provide a reference base against which the current procedures and practices
can be audited and corrective action taken.
These describe the procedures which are implemented to fulfill the requirements of the
Quality Manual and allocate the responsibilities within the Quality System. The list of
Operating Procedures is shown in Annexure I of this manual.
Work Instruction / Quality Plans
Work instructions are issued where the lack of clear instruction would adversely affect the
quality. Work instructions may include drawings, installation manuals, specifications or any
other methods clearly defining the requirements.
Quality plans are prepared when required and provide details of the controls, methods
responsibilities and interfaces for specific contracts. All quality plans are authorized by The
3.2.2 Quality Planning
The Quality Planning shall define and document how the requirements for quality will be
This may be achieved by one or more of the following:
1. Preparation of quality plans.
2. Identification and acquisition of skills, equipment or production resources.
3. Ensuring the compatibility of design and engineering details.
4. Identification of new calculation / test equipment requirements.
5. Identification and preparation of quality records.