Non-conforming products are controlled to prevent inadvertent use or further processing.
The controls make provisions for:
4. Disposition and Notification
3.13.2 Customer Complaint
Non-conformance identified by the customer is reviewed and dispositions are made by The
Quality Engineer after consultation with Specialist Engineer to rectify the present non
conformance and to prevent the recurrence of the same.
3.13.3 Action and Disposition
The Project Manager reviews instances of non conformance and decides on the action to be
1. Re-grade for alternative applications
2. Rectify the non-conformance by re-working
3. Scrap or reject the concerned product
4. Request a concession of the Customer to use as is
When concession is reported to the customer, the description of non conformance or repair
completed is recorded to denote actual condition of the product.
3.13.4 Re-Worked Items
All re-worked items are re-inspected and tested in accordance with the specified