3.1.1. Quality Policy
We, at WA Pecktel Engineering shall aim to achieve and sustain excellence in all of our
activities and are committed to Total Client Satisfaction by providing Services which meet
or exceed the Client expectations.
To satisfy the requirements of Quality Assurance System, reference manuals, operating
procedures and work instructions shall define in details the application of each element of
the Quality Assurance System.
With a view to ensure that the service is of desired quality we shall
1. Inculcate quality assurance at all stages form procurement of materials to final
installation and testing.
2. Ensure compliance with the applicable standards/ codes and regulatory
3. Attend and resolve complaints from Clients with agreed tile schedules.
The Quality Policy shall be understood, implemented and maintained by all personnel in the
Responsibility and Authority
The following is a summary of the responsibilities and authorities of the personnel.
Responsible to the Managing Director for:
1. Execution of projects.
2. Manpower and site facilities administration and coordination.
3. Administration of WA Pecktel Engineering plants, tools, calculation and test
4. Internal training including safety at work and quality assurance.
5. Control and monitoring of material usage and scrap.
Company QA/QC Engineer
Responsible indirect to the Managing Director and direct the DMJV QA/QC manager for:
1. Administration of the Quality Assurance program and of maintenance of Quality
2. Ensuring that Quality Policy is understood by all personnel.
3. Identification of quality related problems and initiation of corrective actions.
4. Liaison with institutions in connection with quality related matters.
5. Implementation and execution of Internal Quality Audits.
6. Maintaining list of approved suppliers and relevant records.
7. Undertaking periodic vendor evaluation to ensure all supplies are approved to
8. Implementing the QA/QC documents such QCP, ITP, MS, tech. checklist, QA
/QC Log sheets, etc.
9. Preparation of Quality system documentation and regular updates.
Responsible for the Project Manager for:
1. Execution of the defined task.
2. Monitoring execution of the project and reporting on any malfunctioning.
3. Implementation of quality related measures and steps.
4. Technical guidance to Engineers and Foremen.
5. Authorizing use of material & equipment from stores.
6. Maintaining inspection and other relevant record.
Responsible for the Project Manager for:
1. Safe and efficient warehousing of all permanent and consumable items and
2. Proper documentation and records of all receipt and issue of store items and
3. Regular replenishing of consumables to desired quality and standards.
4. Ensuring that unserviceable / defective items are isolated from serviceable items
and suitably identified to prevent their mixing up with serviceable items.
Responsible to the QA /QC Engineer for:
1. Ensuring control of documents and data.
2. Monitoring periodic calculation of instruments on site in coordination with
concerned Specialist Engineer.
3. Site inspection for the MEP Installation & Material deliveries.
4. Witnessing all necessary testing & commissioning
It is the responsibility of all employees to:
1. Work within the bounds of the Company documented quality program.
2. Bring to the attention of their supervisor or the Quality Engineer any incidence
of non-compliance with the WA Pecktel Engineering quality program.
3. Work in a professional and safe manner, reporting any dangerous equipment to
The management provides adequate facilities and trained personnel for effective functioning
of the Quality System.
Trained personnel are assigned for verification activities, whose duties include:
1. To test and monitor incoming inspection, in process and final inspection.
2. To audit the quality system for effectiveness.
3. To verify that only trained and duly authorized personnel are being deployed to
carry out the required work.
The QA / QC Engineer are the designated Management Representative. He is responsible
for ensuring the implementation of the quality program, the identification of quality related
problems and the initiation of corrective actions.
The Quality Engineer has the authority and organizational freedom to resolve any and all
quality related problems. In the event of an irreconcilable difference of opinion with another
manager and / or Department this matter is referred to Managing Director. The Quality
Engineer is further responsible for keeping the Managing Director advised of the status and
adequacy of the quality program.
3.1.3 Management Review
A comprehensive formal review of the quality system is undertaken by the Project Manager
every three months in accordance with the documented procedure.
The review takes form of minutes of meeting and is attended by the personnel specified less
than 1 to 5 above.
The meeting reviews data on the performance of the quality management system to ensure
its continuing suitability and effectiveness in meeting the Quality requirements.
Responsibility is assigned for corrective action to be undertaken where considered
appropriate. Minutes of meeting are circulated to all present ad those with assigned
responsibility, master file is retained by The Quality Engineer.